THE TASK FORCE’S OVERARCHING OBJECTIVE IS - SUPPLY CHAIN OVERSIGHT
We recognize that forced labour / human rights issues and marine conservation problems are closely linked to Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated fishing (IUU). Our strategy is based on this fundamental understanding.
Supply Chain Oversight – people, product and process. By oversight we mean the action of overseeing something that includes supervision, surveillance, inspection, charge, care, government, direction and control.
Focus on Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing (IUU) because we believe that social and environmental issues are closely linked to IUU.
Exploit the extensive know-how, resource and commercial leverage of the Membership through the formation of Sub-Groups. Begin to deliver change. Lots done. Lots to do. Specific and measurable work plans for:
- Traceability – entire supply chain. From Vessel through to Retailer & Food Service.
- Task Force Codes of Conduct. Social Compliance. Achieve International recognition.
- Accountability on the water.
- Fishery Improvement Projects. Towards a sustainable fishery.
- Step by step. Fill the gaps. Practical and realistic solutions. Action. Keep it simple.
- Build models that can be replicated for other countries – Scalability.
© Seafood Task Force 2016. Formerly Shrimp Sustainable Supply Chain Task Force. All rights reserved.