THE MOST INFLUENTIAL AND DIVERSE COALITION TACKLING HUMAN RIGHTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN THAILAND TODAY
10 key things you need to know about the Seafood Task Force
- The Task Force has changed its name from the Shrimp Task Force to the Seafood Task Force to reflect the equal emphasis now being placed on tuna and other seafood products.
- It is industry-led, focussed on action and results.
- It is strategic and tactical.
- It is creating outputs that will serve as replicable models for similar impact across the globe.
- It is adhering to fit-for-purpose governance – It is a Delaware non-profit corporation organized in the United States as a tax-exempt 501(c) (6) trade association.
- All commercial Members pay annual fees. NGOs and advisors don’t pay
annual fees, but may make contributions to the Task Force
on a case-by-case basis.
- It is delivering our work through powerful Member Sub-Groups.
- Budget supports a full-time Secretariat, and external expertise to support the Board and the Sub-Groups.
- Its dynamic is pre-competitive and focussed on three core strategic objectives agreed by the Task Force Board.
- Each member commits to minimum requirements to support achieving progress against the Task Force objectives and to support the implementation of Task Force output.
© Seafood Task Force 2016. Formerly Shrimp Sustainable Supply Chain Task Force. All rights reserved.